К основному контенту

MEMRISE

Hello everybody!


Last year I began to learn German at university. Since then, the app "Memrise" has helped me learn and remember new words and expressions.  In other words, "Memrise" is the best way for me to study German through my phone.
And now I show you how you may use this app to improve your language skills, especially your vocabulary.
The first thing you should know about "Memrise", there are a lot of langunge courses. Some of them are designed by developers of the app, others - by common users. It's a great advantage, because you can find the best course for yourself. 


When you start a "Memrise" course, you can choose one of the six moods of operation: learn new words, review words you've learn, spreed review, audio review, "my difficult words" and "meet local" (unfortunately, the last two are only available in paid version 😣).
First of all you should learn the words. In "Memrise" your vocabluary is a garden, and each word you've learn is a flower. Your task is to plant a flower, to grow it and not to let it fade.
The app offers you a new word, thereby you plant a flower. You are offered the spelling of a word, its translation, pronunciation, and also a "meme" that can help memorize words. "Memes" are usually funny phrases or pictures.
 
Then you will should do some exercises to remember a new word. These exercises contain training in spelling, pronunciation and reading a new word. Similar exercises will be also represented in moods aimed at repetition.
Great. I learned a new word thanks to the app. The task is to not let the flower fade, otherwise the word will be forgotten. "Memrise" offers  modos for this as well.
In my opinion, the most interesting mood in "Memrise" is "Meet Local". The app offers you videos where native speakers pronounce the phrases you have already learned. After watching the video, you should either translate the phrase, or reproduce it in the original language. I really like to repeat the words in this way.  
 
Of course, this app has drawbacks. Unfortunately, it is aimed only at improving the vocabulary and does not explain the rules of grammar. Despite this fact, I really like this app and I will continue to use it. In addition, "Memrise" has its own website. I have not used it before, but I guess the exercises are similar.



Комментарии

Отправить комментарий